Consequences of Substance Abuse
Consequences of Substance Abuse:
Consequences of Substance Abuse are never too good. Because any substance’s misuse/abuse involves serious health risks. The more the use, the greater the risk becomes.
The health effects vary based on the substance and the method of use.
Why do people use substance/drugs?
People use drugs for many reasons. They want to feel good. They want to stop feeling bad. They are curious to try it. They may not want to be left out. Whatever the reason, the consequences on their health do not vary because of it.
How Marijuana effect’s the health?
It is one of the most commonly abused drugs in the United States. Marijuana can pose threat to a person’s overall health and well-being.
- Because the compounds present in it affect the circulatory system, therefore it causes increased risk of heart-attack and strokes.
- Smoking Marijuana can affect the heart-rate and blood pressure.
- Its misuse is also linked to different types of cancer.
- Most importantly, brain health is at a greater risk.
- It contributes to mental health issues like depression and anxiety.
How Cocaine effect’s the health?
Cocaine is highly dangerous and was the 2nd most common drug involved in overdose deaths in 2014 in the US. Physical effects of the drug include:
- Highly increased heart-rate
- Increased Blood-pressure
- Major organ damage
- Respiratory failure
- Most importantly, increased risk of Heart-attack
- Highly violent behavior
How Prescription Opioids effect the health?
Prescription opioids cause more harm than all the other substances combined. More than 33000 drug overdose deaths are attributed to Opioid drugs including legal prescription painkillers. Opioid Health effects include:
- Slow Breath
- Decrease in heart-rate
- Weakened Immune system
- Increased likelihood of diseases
Drug use can start as an easy way to escape-but it will eventually make your life worse. Educate yourself about the Consequences of Substance Abuse on your overall well-being. Most importantly, seek help in time to lead a healthier life.
To know about Substance Abuse Addiction Recovery options, please visit https://northhillsaddictiontreatmentcenter.com/treatment/[/tm_pb_text][/tm_pb_column][/tm_pb_row][/tm_pb_section]