Awareness of Addiction’s Warning Signs creates better opportunities to address the problem.
Addiction is a chronic mental disorder. It occurs when the changes in the brain function makes drug/alcohol consumption compulsive and involuntary.
Addictions cause radical changes in the way people behave. These physical, psychological and emotional changes are warning signs for family and friends to go on red alert.
Most common physical addiction warning signs include:
- Behavioral changes such as suddenly becoming unreliable
- Increased need for privacy
- Abnormal and unexplained weight loss
- Sores on face, arms and legs
- Dental health issues
- Overall disheveled appearance
- Lack of attention to physical appearance and personal hygiene
- Red, bloodshot or glassy eyes
- Experiencing congestion all the time
- Alteration in basic lifestyle patterns
- Disturbed eating and sleeping patterns
- Intermittent complaints of feeling ill or having flu like symptoms
Emotional and Psychological Addiction Warning Signs Include:
- Mood swings
- Significant cravings for the drug of choice
- Turning back to your substance as a coping method for stress
- Becoming defensive and aggressive
- Displaying uncharacteristic hyperactivity, overexcitement, cheerfulness
- Irritability and agitation
- Lack of motivation, lethargy
- Being highly distractible
- Considering that your substance use is reason for all your financial, legal, relationship issues.
One of the most effective ways of preventing addiction is raising awareness of its damaging effects. Few other effective ways include:
- Strong parental guidance and mentoring
- Good Self-discipline
- Positive relationships and Social life with family and friends
- Strong Academic Performance
- Involvement in Extra-curricular Activities
Approach Addiction Treatment Centers for Help:
These Warning Signs of Addiction will help you to determine if any of your dear ones need help. Approach best Addiction Treatment Centers and seek help.
For more information, please visit https://northhillsaddictiontreatmentcenter.com/treatment/